Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Models With Personality


I don't know about you, but I like horse models with some personality to them. Sure, when I was a kid, the Family Arabian Stallion and the Proud Arabian Stallion were my favorite Breyer horses, but that's because they were the best to play with my Barbie dolls and were in poses that could easily fit many of the elaborate plots my friends and I would come up with.

As a grown up, I appreciate the unusual poses a lot more. I think my favorite resins are all those that are doing something. Let It Fly by Tibbi Searcher, and the Mustang (shown here) she sculpted just for us. Jethro by Cathy Choyce. Alvaro and Unbridled Joy. Everyone's doing something different and unique.

Of course, that doesn't make it easy to show them. Alvaro's pose doesn't lend itself to English Pleasure classes, that's for sure.

But look at that French braided mane and the way Michelle captured it in clay...and I think you'll understand what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment