Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Photo Showing and Making Jumps for Model Horses


This week, I'm judging an online model horse photo show...the first show I've judged in about a year. I cannot get over how far the hobby has progressed since I entered my very first photo show in 1978. In the 1970's, if you had a 35 mm camera and could take closeups of the model horses, you were probably heading for the blue ribbon! I loved photo showing. My very first show was held by Alice Bulson. Does anyone remember Alice? Is she still around? I won a blue ribbon for my Breyer FAS in Western pleasure...and I bought a Josef Palomino lying down foal, Sultan's Golden Prince, off of Susan Peplinski for a whopping $5 in 1980, because I remembered how well he did showing. I'm joining TOPSA in 2010, and will be showing my own personal collection of Breyers, Stones, Josefs, Hagen Renakers and of course some selected EquinArt resins. I hope to see YOU in the show ring!!! Today's photo is my collection, circa 1980 or thereabouts...

And now for the crafty people out there....those who like crafts, that is!


A new how-to video for you: making jumps for your model horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment