Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Horse Themed Christmas Trees


My riding coach back on Long Island had a horse-themed Christmas tree. In fact, the two ladies that ran the riding stable where I worked BOTH had horse themed trees. Every ornament, from top to bottom, on their Christmas trees was a horse! Each Christmas we would give our coaches horse-y ornaments. One year, I made paper mache ornaments for them. I made Sculpey molds, then made paper mache and placed it over the molds. I painted them and added hair. They actually came out pretty good!

This year I made a few horse themed Christmas ornaments myself. I bought a package of plastic horses at the dollar store. I glued on ribbon for hooks, then decorated them with sparkled, little bits of holly and such. Their cute gifts for the holiday season.

Do you do a horse themed Christmas tree? Do you collect Breyer ornaments? My sister gave me a few, but in truth, I find them too big for my tree. I like the Father Christmas one, and I have one of a horse inside of a stirrup.

I have the four Western horse ornaments (we sell them in our online Christmas shop) as well as a pretty resin one that Candace Liddy gave me for Christmas. But my own tree is an eclectic mix of ornaments reflecting mostly nature (a lot of bird ornaments on my tree, along with snow flakes!) and ornaments passed on by my parents.

Do you do a horse themed Christmas tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment