Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Breeds People Collect: Spanish Breeds


Among our collectors, customers and friends, there are two 'all breed' collecting trends. The first is obvious: collecting only Arabians. But the second may not be so obvious. It's collecting Spanish breeds.

From the Andalusian to the Paso Fino, many people are just crazy about Spanish breed horses. I won a contest many years ago and received a free subscription to Conquistador magazine, the best publication for Spanish horse breed enthusiasts. I was dazzled by all the flowing manes and tails and Roman noses! The superb dressage maneuvers and fiery personalities promised on all the glossy pages were enticing...but somewhat intimidating.

Let's face it: at this point in my life, as the wheel of time slips me past 40, my days riding hot horses are probably over. When I was in college, I rode off the track Thoroughbreds and grass-green Quarter Horses. Today, I'm happier on a packer, the good old babysitter horse.

But that's the beauty of model horses. With models, we can collect our fantasy horses. We CAN own fiery Arabian stallions or Paso Fino or a soaring young Lipizzan. The possiblities are endless.

Some beautiful Spanish breed resins to see....

Bravio, Andalusian
El Romantico, Paso Fino
Unbridled Joy, Lipizzan
Alvaro, Lusitano
Maggie Bennet's Micro Minis

The photos are contributed by (starting at the top):

Kathy McKenzie (Alvaro)
Dani Schacht (Unbridled Joy)
Katrina Michael (Line of Micro Mini Andalusians)




No comments:

Post a Comment