Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Horse of My Own


I'd always made a vow that by my 40th birthday, I'd own a 'real' horse. Well, next week's the big 4-0 and I still can't afford to build a barn or monthly board, so I've deferred my real horse dreams again.

Then to my surprise a box appeared today via UPS. We weren't expecting any shipments. I was in a meeting, so John took the box inside.

I discovered it was for me.

It was El Romantico, Sheri Rhodes' new horse...not to sell...but for me to keep!

A resin. For my own. For real. Not one that will pass through my doors only to be sold to someone else.

He's gorgeous. He's BIG! He's almost as big as my Proud Arabian Stallion. Bigger than the Family Arabian I think. I LOVE his face. He's got a great expression.

I just want to throw a saddle over his back and go for a ride.

Maybe I will...in my imagination.

Thanks for the birthday present guys! (you know who you are!)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your birthday horse! I had my fortieth birthday in January and like you, I'm still working on the real horse. Maybe by the time we're forty five, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who's going to paint him for you? *grins*

    ReplyDelete