Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Rita Mae Brown, Queen of Animal Writers

I love Rita Mae Brown's books...it's one reason Virginia was on our destination list of places to consider when we wanted to move away from New York City! She captures how animals think, what they feel, and especially horses. Her new book, "Animal Magnetism: My Life with Creatures Great and Small" hits the book stores soon. Below are some of my favorite horse related quotes from her recent interview on CNN:

"Most animals have a sense of humor. Horses seem to have a highly developed one. Humans routinely deny this until they find themselves the butt of the joke." - how many times has a horse played a trick on you? My old horse, Kricket, introduced himself by leaning out of his stall door, grabbing my shoulder and turning me around because I was feeding carrots to his stall mate, Apples. It was love at first sight...while Kricket looked like he was laughing at my amazement!

"We are medium-size animals who survived and then flourished by hunting in packs, by cooperation. A horse is a large animal. The journey from your mind to a horse's mind is the longest journey you will ever take." - that sums it up perfectly.






NEW IN OUR STORE

Yes, did you see what's new? The Christmas Shop is now open, with ornaments, toys and horse themed gifts. We've got Maggie Bennett's new micro minis IN STOCK and ready to ship, plus gorgeous silver jewelry from Ann M. Moore. I've also added new books to the selection. Stop by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment