Thursday, January 22, 2009

Realism


Nothing makes me happier than when customers tell me, "That horse model looks JUST like my mare/stallion/gelding!" We hear it all the time, but it never ceases to thrill me. It means that our artists have managed to capture the living, breathing image of the horse in sculpture.

Here are some of our models that people note looks like "their" horse:

  • Wyakin - several people bought her because she reminded them of their own favorite Appaloosa mare.
  • Festus - a mule breeder in Florida called me to tell me how much he looked like her own two year old!
  • Miz Charisma - a Lakeshore Collection original porcelain horse. An eBay purchases wrote me a long letter after receiving his Lakeshore bay horse to say how much he loved it, how Miz Charisma reminded him of his very own beloved mare.

Of all the horses we've produced, With A Twist conjured up my very favorite mount - the real 'Twist' after whom I named the model. The real Twist was an off the track Thoroughbred that was a dream to ride. Intelligent, gentle, sweet and athletic, Twist went on to become a nice hunter and eventually made her way from New York to Maryland. Last I heard, she was owned by a young girl and she was packing her around the shows.

Which horse model do you own that reminds you of your favorite "real" horse?

No comments:

Post a Comment