Monday, January 26, 2009

Time With Horses and New Resins Painted by Kollean


What a wonderful weekend for us out here in the country. My neighbor, Patty, took me to visit her friends Donna and Donna's sister, Judy. Judy owns four horses and I had a wonderful time petting fuzzy noses and running my hands through thick furry winter coats as I helped Judy unblanket and blanket her trail horse, Tar, so we could give him a bit of a brushing. It was a beautiful clear winter's day and I came home with my spirit refreshed and replenished by spending time with horses and good friends.

Kollean Gouyton, one of our favorite painting artists, just finished three new horses for us. I have two posted to our website but the third is just on MHSP right now. She painted Maggie Bennett's micro mini mare and foal set into a nice chestnut pinto. The shading is beautiful and they're matched but not 'matchy-matchy' as they would say in the fashion world! There's also the jumping mule painted Appaloosa, and my favorite - Tibbi Searcher's Stablemate sized bucking Mustang, painted into the best bay pinto I've ever seen. I just love this one. John was working with his dad in the workshop they're building and when I opened the box from Kollean I ran out to the workshop to show it to him. I don't usually get this excited when new resins come in but this one just HAD to be shown off right away! They're all here, in the stockroom waiting for homes. Just gorgeous! I'll put his picture here on the blog for you to enjoy. Kollean named him KG's Sky Rocket and that's the name he'll go with unless someone who buys him wants to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment