Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome


Welcome to the EquinArt Creations company! I started collecting model horses in 1974, when my sister gave me a palomino Breyer Family Arabian stallion. Flash forward thirty years, and I'm at New York University getting ready to finish my Master of Science degree in Direct and Interactive Marketing. I needed a project, something that could be sold through direct marketing. What to pick? Model horses of course! And so I wrote the business plan, and rediscovered how much I LOVE model horses! Today, I run EquinArt Creations with my husband, John. We live on a 17 acre farm in rural Virginia and run EquinArt as well as my consulting business, Seven Oaks, and the farm.

We are now in our 5th year of business. I'm proud to say that EquinArt Creations won the Startup Nation 2008 Honorable Mention for Most Innovative Home Business. What a leap forward from my little tack making business in 1980 to winning a national contest!

In this blog, I'm going to share with you frequent updates on EquinArt...our artists, their art, the horse shows we go to, our animals and most of all - HORSE MODELS and beautiful, gorgeous equine art. Get all the latest and be sure to check back frequently. Don't forget, you can COMMENT on the blog too!

Welcome to a new world of model horses. Welcome to EquinArt Creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment